Monday, September 23, 2013

A Conversation



I ponder about my Blabberings a lot. I wonder if it’s good writing or just good fun. Good fun is good enough; but good writing is even better: the icing on the cake, the cherry on top, the cat’s pajamas.

Maybe it is good writing, but so what? What can I do with it? Could I earn any money? Abby craves a trip to Europe. Emma wants a big ole wedding one day. Phillip needs a car on June 2, 2014 (First World need, noted).

I think best when I’m in the bathtub (My sister, Angie, will call and say, “I need some advice. Have you bathed yet today?"), so I took a shower. I heard the Holy Spirit whisper, “Contact Laurel Griffith.”
“Who?”
“You heard me.”
“Say it again, just so I can make sure I heard correctly.”
“Laurel (pause) Griffith.” (He kinda enunciated the consonants.)
“The Sunday school teacher?”
“Yup.” (Sometimes God says, “Yup” to me when I’m acting a tad hard headed.)
“Lord, I like her and all, but . . . .”
“Mercy, you do go on.”
“So I’ve been told.”
“Send her a Facebook message.”
“You know about Facebook?”
“Stop talking now, Celeste.”

So, I got out of the tub, wrapped a towel around my head and another around my torso and headed to the Facebook.

I saw my fingers type this:

Hey—

I want to pick your busy brain for a second, as I like to do.

Do you have any idea what I can do with this ability to ramble that I have? I have been having a blast with my Blabberings blog, and if that's all that I do, that's great. But I need to earn some money, and I need to figure out what the next stage of my life is going to be.

Do you have any suggestions? (Feel free to say "No" or "Go away, Celeste.") I thought of you because you have always written and often see things others don't see . . . and because you published a magazine and a book that I can't wait to get my hands on.

Ever the pest,
Celeste

I’m sure I won’t hear anything back from her. She’s busy blogging and preparing her lesson for Sunday. 

(You can get ideas for your own SS lesson at http://laureljoycegriffith.com/a-conversation/.)

No comments:

Post a Comment